1 June 2007

when you're left, you're left

I hear so often about people who 'once were' green, left, alternative, political, activist, feminist and the list goes on. But I actually question this because I believe once you are left, you are! you don't go back because you have a family, or because you finish uni, or because some type of ching ching $$$ economic rationalism takes hold of you.
If you have read this far and don't like what I am saying move, and probably best not to visit my blog again because I think mainstream greed is destroying the people of the world.
The trees I love and the animals, but actually it is people who have the potential to dive deep into what is reality, what is it that ties us all together but also leave us different - achintya bheda bheda tattva.
But people are so quick to jump on the underdog, put the boot in when they are down because the mainstream actually want to live in a 1984 (George Orwell) world, told how to feel, act, sleep, eat, work. But what about the people who just don't fit the mold? What happens to them?
I am teaching at a school full of mainstreamers. I have never been surrounded with so many mainstream personalities in my life and I see them everyday breaking down children who show emotion, expression and independence. It is hurting my heart and makes me feel like screaming!!! These children need to know that they are special because we are all special. They need to know that the way they dress, talk, write, read is not the real them, the real them is what they express, but it is unwelcome. No wonder there is such a high youth suicide rate, hardly anyone wants to listen to youth to hear them express themselves.

that's it for now, but I have more to rant as it is an issue close to my heart... more later...

No comments:

www.flickr.com