20 June 2007

today's dyeing

some pics from today's dyeing. I spent from 9:30 - 12:30 dyeing without a break, really feels like work that way. I still have some dip dye items in buckets, dyeing three colours onto a shirt can take hours (min 20 mins dye, min 15 mins soda ash each colour). I usually stretch it out so the colours are perfect, it isn't easy to touch up colours once they have been dipped, better to have them right first time.

The yellow/green tee will be a hand painted pic, something I have wanted to paint for a long time and in a style I have been planning for. There will be more in this series.
The other bucket included a custom tee, very girly colours and a bag.


This is an experiment with a new dyeing method. If it turns out like it should, it will be fabulous. Very time consuming for each items though, not like just throwing it in a bucket and walking away.

All done, near empty dye bottles and a full bucket of garments curing. They could be left for 4 hours, but I prefer 24 hours. I'll rinse them tomorrow.

No comments:

www.flickr.com