5 Nov 2007

teaching art

I have my first teaching contract - teaching art of all things !! (jumps for joy).
I teach years 4-7, each class for an hour a week to provide teachers with non-contact time. In a week, I see over 250 children.
The school I am teaching at is a low socio-economic area so the students have limited art supplies if any, and so does the school. Unfortunately my ideas of sculpture an other 3D works have gone out the window.

However, I have developed a graffiti art unit for years 6 and 7 to work on with funky lettering, hookups, colouring and stylization. This guy, called Mr Wiggles, has the best learn to graffiti site

It has examples of lettering and tips with photos of colouring methods and making 3D letters. more on the other year levels soon and examples of work produced.

No comments:

www.flickr.com