12 Nov 2007

making lettering 3D

the next installment in the Year 6 and 7 classes graffiti and lettering lesson. It would be great if we could all use Illustrator to experiment with text design and make digital comics, but not only does the school not have Illustrator, but I also think that graphic design needs to be able to be done by hand as well as computer. Those who can only design on computers loose the organic feel in their design and graphics, logos etc.
Here are some examples to show the students what is expected.






I am finding teaching art is satisfying my need to create and therefore my business is taking a back foot at thre moment, I can't really be bothered with it. Later today I need to make a cubism, pop art and Matisse example, how exciting!

No comments:

www.flickr.com