6 May 2007

pride, and teaching

I haven't had the time I wanted to finish the peacock tee called Pride. I'm hoping my headache will disappear so I can finish it today or tomorrow.

I am now busy with field experience in the final stages of my Graduate Diploma of Education. have a lovely year 5 class which is diverse. I love that the class has two ESL students and many I different cultures. I really get to try out a lot of the theory I have been researching about culture and cultural racism. The supervising teacher has 38 years of teaching experience, but some of her attitude is slightly outdated. I am great at being diplomatic (when I want LOL), and think that I can fill the gaps in the class with providing more authentic tasks to the ESL students and more attention and time.
I'm looking forward to our first excursion to the Qld Art Gallery! Will be fun because I love art and I get to share it will impressionable youngsters. The other teachers aren't so enthusiastic about art, so I'm hoping my love for it can inspire the ones whose art intelligence isn't being nurtured. The APT will still be there too, so much fun.

No comments:

www.flickr.com