2 Mar 2007

some current favourites

these are some of my current favourites during my uninspired phase.
This tee is hand dyed with various shades of pink. I like it because it is pink but doesn't have that cutesy factor that many modern girl's clothing has (and I find distasteful). I call this tee 'Pink Cloud'.

And this has always been my favourite stenciled piece. I have made a few of these, this one is the most recent. There is just something so simplistic about it. I made these stencils out of waste plastic from my own consuming and have hand cut them with a box cutter. Now I have a better knife LOL. I use a unique tying method (my own) to make the background reminiscent of bamboo. The panda and bamboo is then stenciled onto the tee with dye. Stenciling with dye is a pain staking process because it is liquid and likes to run. I am over caring for perfection otherwise I would give myself a nervous breakdown.

No comments:

www.flickr.com